Why Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect personal information in order to represent you as our client, to establish and maintain our client list, avoid conflicts of interests, and for any other purpose to which you consent.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is defined in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act as any information that identifies an individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
Your personal information is collected in order to provide legal services. Usually if you retain the law, we assume that we have your implied consent to collect and use your personal information to provide you with legal services. Your personal information is usually collected directly from you at the start of your retainer with the law. We may also obtain information from other sources to assist with your matter.
How Is Your Information Used?
Your personal information is used to provide you with legal advice and services, maintaining our client database and for administration purposes (billing). We are required for legal purposes to retain our client files after the end of the retainer.
The information you provide to auetavisas.org through the online assessment form is solely used to assess your options regarding your immigration to Australia.
The law does not in any way appropriate, disclose, or sell, personal information such as your name, phone number or email address, to third parties.
The law may disclose your personal information if:
• You have consented to such disclosure;
• The legal services we are providing to you require us to give your information to third parties, with your consent, unless you tell us otherwise;
• When it is necessary to establish or collect our fees;
• We engage a third party to provide services to us (such as office services, insurance, computer services, data processing etc.);
• We are required or permitted by law to do so; or
• The information is already publicly known.
• We may monitor traffic on our website, as well as site usage and other related statistics in order to optimize our web site; however, this information does not include any identifiable personal information.
How Is Your Personal Information Stored?
We take all reasonable precautions to store your personal information and keep it safe from loss, disclosure and unauthorized access.
Obtaining Your Personal Information
We are happy to provide you with access to the personal information we have about you upon receiving your request in writing. Please be advised that requests that require detailed and extensive archive and retrieval costs may be subject to our professional and disbursement fees.
If you have any questions or wish to access your personal information, please visit our contact page and write to us.
If during your retainer with the law any of your information changes, please inform as right away so that we may make the necessary changes.
Links and Third Party Website
Our site is using SSL encryption and taking steps to secure credit card information.